"It is the primacy of corporate power — which has extinguished our democracy and left most of the working class in misery — and the continued increase and consolidation of their wealth." Chris Hedges. The One-Choice Election
Later in the article Hedges writes a list of what should be done. There are choices for humanity. Try to survive. Help others survive. Create places that acknowledge the various gifts of people who have had their self esteem shorn by the no-choice theory.
This is not a to-do list but a non-duality of purpose beginning with the question: to what do I wish to dedicate my life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When We Don't Feel Powerful?
"Yeah, this has been going on for decades and probably his first victim was my dad. And unfortunately, as I’ve also written, a lot of ...
-
He left last night not knowing (I like to think) It was not his choice it was decided for him I tell myself. He stopped breathing and t...
-
This post is a continuation of the series on the new class system , and bears no relation to the slang usage referring to a part of female ...
-
" In 1926, Calvin Coolidge’s treasury secretary, Andrew Mellon, one of the world’s richest men, pushed through a massive tax cut tha...

No comments:
Post a Comment