According to Chomsky, “Canadian mining operations are just destroying large parts of the world.” He said that “Canada is trying to take the lead in destroying the possibility of decent survival: that’s what it means to exploit the tar sands, and the gold mining in Colombia, and coal mining, and so on…. That means destroying the world in which your grandchildren might be able to survive: that’s the Canadian idea now.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When We Don't Feel Powerful?
"Yeah, this has been going on for decades and probably his first victim was my dad. And unfortunately, as I’ve also written, a lot of ...
-
He left last night not knowing (I like to think) It was not his choice it was decided for him I tell myself. He stopped breathing and t...
-
This post is a continuation of the series on the new class system , and bears no relation to the slang usage referring to a part of female ...
-
" In 1926, Calvin Coolidge’s treasury secretary, Andrew Mellon, one of the world’s richest men, pushed through a massive tax cut tha...
No comments:
Post a Comment