The conversation could cover these questions or these questions could springboard to other ideas. Be flexible and don't worry about staying on the agenda if the ideas expressed are worth exploring.
1. Write down the most critical symptom that needs to be healed. Your mental health? Relationships in your community? Letters to the editor: are they inclusive or preachy and divisive? Public discussions: are they focused on right and wrong, us against them or do they explore ideas?
2. Where do our opinions and positions come from? How useful are the facts in establishing connections with others?
3. What is it we value in ourselves and our friends? We need to write down these thoughts so we can come back to this question.
4. What are we grateful for in our community?
5. How much influence do we have in our society? How much influence do you have personally?
6. What, in your opinion, are the hallmarks of a civil society?
7. How important are predictions and expert opinions as compared to your perceptions in each moment? Is mindfulness helpful? Be Skeptical?
8. What character traits make us human? Describe the nature of a human being.