Friday 9 April 2021

A Prince Died This Morning

 


Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort to Queen Elizabeth II, father of Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward, died at the age of 99 at Windsor Castle. The various news outlets will have more details about the cause, but I just wanted to note it here, without comment on his character because all my information is second hand.

I am related to this family by imagination because as long as I have been alive, I have read about and watched films of the royal family. Their faces and the stories are embedded in my memory and I have enough empathy to know that losing a family member through death is difficult no matter how old they were or how much their death was predicted by health.

Wishing the family support and comfort as they grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment