Saturday 10 August 2019

We Are on Trial In the Court of Humanity

Reading various posts, social media, news outlets and opinions I wonder what to believe, what to read and what to ignore.

I could decide to ignore everything published that does not come from one specific news outlets.

Or not believe anything that has no scientific proof.

Or not read anything that does not come from the Christian Bible.

Nothing that comes from sources that I don't know personally like my family, friends and neighbours.

Or anything that comes out of the mouths of politicians who are in parties I do not support.

I could be protecting my own ego, my own sense of right and wrong, my own sense of intelligence.

But in all this wrestling all I am doing is protecting my self, not the society I live in. 

How much does it matter what I believe? As compared to what I do to make others feel at home. How do I keep community functioning to the best of its ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment