Saturday, 12 September 2026
My Last Poem
thinking this might be my last words on this site.
Go ahead and share yours if you wish.
Any words beyond this will be dark
-- without hope.
Why would I want to finish this story?
to write a different one perhaps?
it would be good to write a different story
particularly since I dont have any way to predict
the future
mine
or yours.
I feel that the world of humans
is disintergrating
that we are overcome with different
ideas and particularly
love
for our species
of course this might be
my vanity thinking my feelings
represent everyone
but then should I worry
the world with my own dark thoughts?
What is the purpose of sharing
to let me dwell in self importance?
to warn others of possible danger?
to believe I have a special talent?
I know I am not good at gathering news
hard news.
Things that have happened
like WW 1
the commons
or the takeover of power
like
Britain or Europe or Russia
or the power of money over knowledge
or the popularity of himself
gating of the commons
or the violence of misogyny
racism
capitalism
the bank and
emporers new clothes.
Fame!
Now that's another power!
Media loves to hold up power
as worthy of fame
essential for news.
Of course I could tell you whenever
I feel good like
winning the lottery
or something!
Something is better than nothing
even in the spheer of public interest.
Violence is newsworthy particularly
if you are beautiful to look at.
I know of people who are beautiful
inside but this somehow
doesnt get much air time.
I understandy why (of course)
air time is given to what sells
what the reader longs for
and sadly the meaning of life
died before television
.................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Last Poem
thinking this might be my last words on this site. Go ahead and share yours if you wish. Any words beyond this will be dark -- witho...
-
This post is a continuation of the series on the new class system , and bears no relation to the slang usage referring to a part of female ...
-
" In 1926, Calvin Coolidge’s treasury secretary, Andrew Mellon, one of the world’s richest men, pushed through a massive tax cut tha...
-
He left last night not knowing (I like to think) It was not his choice it was decided for him I tell myself. He stopped breathing and t...
No comments:
Post a Comment