Friday, 23 September 2022

Martin Niemoeller: No One Left to Speak Up


 "In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Why did they come for the Communists? Why the Jews? Why trade unionists? Why Catholics?

So who was left?


https://www.rabbisacks.org



No comments:

Post a Comment

When We Don't Feel Powerful?

"Yeah, this has been going on for decades and probably his first victim was my dad. And unfortunately, as I’ve also written, a lot of ...