Monday 15 February 2021

Working Our Way Back To Our Humanity


 There's planes, cars, boats, air fryers, paintings that some will pay millions for, super sportsmen, movie stars, clever politicians, billionaires who thrive while millions of people starve, and most of all a sophisticated cynicism that "proves" good guys don't always win, or that cities are not run by the most accomplished servants.

But I have found for my physical and mental health that this worldly view only helps those who need it least.

The pecking order was created not born. The pecking order serves the global system of corruption by keeping real people from expressing their integrity.

Just because real feelings and values are not published doesn't mean they don't exist. 

I learned back in my fifties that success for me was not designer clothes and fancy cars, it was close relationships with others I cared about. In order for me to sustain that I had to be caring and honest. My ego was merely a fraction of well-being.

To be among people who are honest and real, to see the real artists and their work, to have the freedom to express myslelf, is the greatest wealth of all. But then I have a home and a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment